Health Insurance Plan Information
S-3 Group offers all CareFirst BC/BS health plans available on DC Health Link to its employees and eligible dependents. It is very important to select a plan that will work best for you and your family based on the Providers and Provider Network you need access to. There are HMO, POS, and PPO health plans available to select from.
You will find coverage that is either regionally-based for the ‘DC Metro area’ or ‘Nationwide’. This will be indicated on each plan when you view your options on DC Health Link.
Before you choose your plan, we recommend:
- reviewing the Provider Directory links on the left toolbar to confirm that your Provider accepts the plan before enrolling or
- calling your Provider’s business office and confirm the online information is still accurate.
- Provider Directory links are also provided on DC Health Link when you view your options.
Please also be advised that plans with ‘Advantage’ in the plan name offers Nationwide coverage.
Pricing & Cost Sharing
S-3 Group has selected a ‘Referenced Health Plan’ on DC Health Link, which offers ‘Nationwide’ coverage and is the cost basis of the company’s contribution to you and your dependents coverage.
If you choose the Referenced Plan, cost sharing will be:
- For Employees
- S-3 Group pays 75%, Employee pays 25%
- For Dependents
- S-3 Group pays 50%, Employee pays 50%
If you choose a plan that is not the Referenced plan:
- If you buy-up to a plan that costs more than the Referenced Plan, you will pay the difference in premium.
- If you buy-down to a lesser cost plan willl pay less and could possibly pay $0.
You can view your cost for each plan when you shop your options on DC Health Link on a ‘Monthly’ basis, which will be deducted from your pay check on a pre-tax basis.
Please review the Benefits Summary links on the left toolbar for the ‘Referenced Plans’ so you are aware of the benefits offered with this option. You may also view Benefit Summaries, Summary Benefit Comparisons, and compare up to three plans side-by-side on DC Health Link.